Anima Vitae Point creates international animated films and series with passion and a unique approach. As a company we strive to be innovative, nurture fresh ideas, and employ artists and technical personnel side by side. As the home of other super-talented artists and technicians, Anima is a place where you truly can make an impact with your work, ideas, and craftsmanship.
We are currently looking for Animation Director to join our quest.
The Animation Director is responsible for the supervision and leadership of the animation team. In collaboration with the Director and VFX Supervisor, the Animation Director is responsible for directing, defining and maintaining the continuity of performance throughout a show/feature.
- Works directly with the Head of Production, CG Sup, Animation Supervisor and the rest of animators in the team to ensure storytelling acting choice and all principles aspects of animation are ready to deliver the performance the Director requires
- Review shots, approve shots, assign revisions, troubleshoot shots. Ensure quality goals are met
- Understand the implications of performance, style, quality and continuity, technical, scheduling and budgetary requirements.
- Will be involved with early performance development of major CG characters. Creates performance test composites for review by the Director/Supervision team in order to make an animation bible for the production
- Runs animation dailies, ensures animation quality control and ensures performance consistency. Interpret the director’s needs, provide constructive feedback to the crew
- Ensure that the work of the team follows the quality standards, artistic direction and set deadlines
- Attend any relevant meetings to promote effective communication throughout the production team
- Motivate and develop the team members and act as a mentor in terms of technical/artistic aspects
- Work with animators to develop animation cycles and expression sheets, while building a library of animation poses and cycles per character.
- Implement the specific animation pipeline requirements of a particular project. Test and deploy tools in a high pressure production environment
- Responsible for hitting animation targets according to the schedule with support from production to do so
- Keep up on current technology trends and tools (hardware and software) that best suit the production also company in the development of a stronger creative technical environment
- 2+ years of experience as Animator Supervisor or Animation Director in the animation industry
- 5+years in 3D animation projects
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in animation, motion design, fine art, film studies or CGI and 3D animation related field or equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of key-framed animation development processes, limitations and dependencies
- A strong understanding of basic human kinetics and basic real world physics
- Understanding of rigging, modelling and animation principles
- Strong understanding of cinematic storytelling principles and techniques
- Strong leadership, management, and organizational skills
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively give direction and communicate storytelling
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Effective problem solving skills, solution oriented
- Ability to work in collaborative environment and take direction
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines