Anima Vitae Point creates international animated films and series with passion and a unique approach. As a company we strive to be innovative, nurture fresh ideas, and employ artists and technical personnel side by side. As the home of other super-talented artists and technicians, Anima is a place where you truly can make an impact with your work, ideas, and craftsmanship.
We are currently looking for a CG Supervisor to join our quest.
The CG Supervisor works closely with the other Supervisors to oversee every aspect of an animation production. Under the supervision of the Production Manager, he brings expertise to both the technical and artistic aspects of the project while working in collaboration with the various department supervisors. The standard of quality is established during his exchanges with the Director and production staff. He must therefore understand and interpret the Director’s intentions and also be conscious of the project’s budget constraints set by the production team.
- Managing and supervising the production teams to create 3D content for a variety of styles and projects on schedule and budget.
- Quality controlling output by the team on assigned tasks in line with budget requirements
- Actively providing creative/technical solutions to production/creative challenges
- Working closely with Supervisors and RnD department to identify process improvements/tools to increase department productivity. These goals should be based on the LOOK, the pipeline, and workflow of the departments.
- Liaising where necessary with clients and 3rd party contractors.
- Attend all relevant meetings to promote effective communication to the team.
- Create, develop, and build consensus between Technology, Artists, and Production Management to assist the Director(s) to realize their vision.
- Working with production management to provide task breakdown and estimates per project. Also providing resources and prioritize tasks and help drive the team to meet schedule and budget objectives.
- Working closely with Supervisors to guide artists overall professional development.
- Help to develop and implement training programs to enhance skill sets within departments.
- Appraising, coaching and where necessary leading disciplinary procedures.
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience as a supervisor in a film production environment, animated TV series or visual effects
- Extensive knowledge of MAYA & Houdini
- Thorough understanding of the various technical and creative aspects of production for CG animation
- Advanced knowledge in lighting, rendering fx and compositing, preferably in Houdini and Nuke.
- Complete understanding of 3D production pipelines
- Comfortable with a LINUX/UNIX environment
- Excellent problem solver and communicator
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks at a time while remaining efficient and mindful of strict deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python) is a plus