Anima Vitae Point creates international animated films and series with passion and a unique approach. As a company, we strive to be innovative, nurture fresh ideas, and employ artists and technical personnel side by side. As the home of other super-talented artists and technicians, Anima is a place where you truly can make an impact on your work, ideas, and craftsmanship.
We are currently looking for a Lighting & Compositing Supervisor to join our quest.
The Lighting & Compositing Supervisor is responsible for the day to day operations of the Lighting/Comp team, ensuring that the lighting & compositing of the creative direction and visual style of the animated feature. The Lighting & Compositing Supervisor scruntinize each approaching sequence to confirm that all elements are in place for the Lighting/Comp Artist or Lead to begin their shot(s).
- Fulfill the creative expectations set by both client and director, work with Lighting Lead and Lighting Supervisor to solve creative or technical challenges
- Supervise and review the work of the lighting and compositing departments
- Develop, manage and maintain timing and production quotas in accordance with the coordination team
- Develop the department’s pipeline in collaboration with the CG Supervisor and other Supervisors
- Give information and feedback related to production to the team
- Develop and improve procedures and tools to facilitate production
- Work closely with other supervisors and leads in order to ensure a good transition and support the teams throughout production
- Prepare guidelines and instruction to be followed by the Lighting & Compositing teams
- Develop and manage the work process for the Lighting teams (nomenclature, references, resources needed, methodology, tools, schedules, work assignments
- Check the consistency of the work done by the teams
- Act as the main spokesperson during the exchanges between departments
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by management
- Anticipate and review the planning and production deadlines in collaboration with the coordination team
- Respect the schedule and production quotas given by the Production Coordinators
- Attend and actively participate in meetings with the Producers and Artistic Direction team
- Anticipate, analyze and find solutions to potential and actual technical problems
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience as a supervisor in a film production environment, animated TV series or visual effects
- Extensive experience as a lead or supervising artist
- Possesses an excellent understanding of asset tracking and management tools
- Extensive knowledge of MAYA & Houdini
- Thorough understanding of the various technical and creative aspects of production for CG animation
- Advanced knowledge in lighting, rendering fx and compositing, preferably in Houdini and Nuke.
- Complete understanding of 3D production pipelines
- Comfortable with a LINUX/UNIX environment
- Excellent problem solver and communicator
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks at a time while remaining efficient and mindful of strict deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python) is a plus