Anima Vitae Point creates international animated films and series with passion and a unique approach. As a company, we strive to be innovative, nurture fresh ideas, and employ artists and technical personnel side by side. As the home of other super-talented artists and technicians, Anima is a place where you truly can make an impact on your work, ideas, and craftsmanship.
We are currently looking for a Lighting & Compositing Artist to join our quest.
The Lighting & Compositing Artist is responsible for creating the final image according to the Director’s vision. You will work closely with the Lighting Supervisor and lead and various other teams to successfully meet the show’s technical and creative needs.
- Creating both exterior and interior lighting for the show
- Optimise lighting and compositing set ups for efficient workflow
- Set up scene lights to match color keys and concept art, with an excellent understanding of lighting aesthetics
- Stay current with industry lighting techniques
- Involved in look-development around key surfaces and shaders to ensure lighting delivers against visual reference
- Tweaking of shading materials and textures to improve the perception of the lighting
- Ensure a high level of quality while maintaining production load
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in graphic design, animation, multimedia design, fine art, film studies or CGI and 3D modelling related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ of industry experience
- Understanding of lighting fundamentals
- Intermediate to advanced-level compositing experience
- Experience with node-based workflow and software
- Scripting experience with MEL or Python strongly desired
- Ability to problem solve and predict potential problems with assigned tasks
- Experience with 3D modeling/texturing a plus
- Experience with Look Development a plus
- Experience with Houdini, Mantra a plus
- Ability to manage personal milestones and deadlines