Anima Vitae Point creates international animated films and series with passion and a unique approach. As a company we strive to be innovative, nurture fresh ideas, and employ artists and technical personnel side by side. As the home of other super-talented artists and technicians, Anima is a place where you truly can make an impact with your work, ideas, and craftsmanship.
We are currently looking for Pipeline Technical Director to join our quest.
The Pipeline Technical Director will be working under Lead Pipeline director, and CG supervisor to build an effective CG pipeline. Each pipeline TD will be responsible for developing and maintaining software tools, providing front-line support to artists, and general troubleshooting of the CG pipeline in a fast-paced way. The work involves developing, deploying, maintaining and supporting the required pipeline, as well as third party integration for the pipeline discipline(s) being serviced. As a pipeline TD, you will support a wide range of departments such as Asset, Animation, Lighting, Compositing, FX, along with their interdepartmental workflows and processes.
- Develop pipeline and asset management tools to meet immediate, show-directed production demands, ensuring facility-wide consistency as directed by show and technical supervisors. Help maintain a wide array of existing workflows and scripts
- Provide front-line production support across a wide range of disciplines, troubleshoot assets and shots, and help artists with general problem-solving. Monitor email requests, package up problems and redirect to appropriate engineering team
- Test and validate tools and techniques in production. Work closely with engineering teams in testing, and releasing new and modified software systems
- Act as an on-call resource for show production staff
- Collaborate effectively with artists, production supervisors, and technical staff across studios in Malaysia & Finland
- Work primarily on tools of moderate complexity, requiring general understanding of the larger pipeline
- Provide front-line support and gather information about artist problems and obstacles; resolve complex user errors; connect artists with deeper problems to appropriate technical support
- Develop broad knowledge of software, systems, and standards and conventions used in production
- Update documentation for the pipeline and tools to reflect any changes that are made
- 3+ years of experience in animation or visual effects for film or television
- Experience developing for Maya, Nuke or Houdini
- Strong experience in Python
- Proficiency in Linux
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good understanding of the entire animation process, from layout to modeling and texturing, rigging, animation, rendering and compositing
- Experience in designing and building database systems