Anima Vitae Point creates international animated films and series with passion and a unique approach. As a company we strive to be innovative, nurture fresh ideas, and employ artists and technical personnel side by side. As the home of other super-talented artists and technicians, Anima is a place where you truly can make an impact with your work, ideas, and craftsmanship.
We are currently looking for Technical Director to join our quest.
The incumbent will determine, prepare, and adapt the animation tools used in production. The Technical Director for Animation contributes to the Asset Integration process and validates work methods that are best suited to the type of production. He will collaborate with the other technical directors to understand, define and implement technical constraints that will optimize the memory, performance and quality of the game. The incumbent will also train animators on the selected tools and methods and supervise the integration of the animation into the game engine.
- Read the project technical specs documents to determine the project’s technical needs
- Determine his team’s technical needs to carry out the visions for the Game design, Artistic direction and level design by validating game features and challenging its interpretation to assess their technical feasibility;
- Along with Lead Animators, Supervise the design, integration, and technical validation of the in-game animation States/Trees.
- Specify animation needs to the Programming and tools team.
- Acquire the best tools in collaboration with the other Technical directors (TD) of the project to enhance and facilitate his trade’s work by prototyping technological elements, asking for adjustments to existing tools, requesting new tools and validating their efficiency before they are deployed on the project;
- Test the tools before they are deployed and ensure that they work properly throughout the production process
- Create, organize, and carry out training sessions so that all animation team members are able to properly use the tools and methods
- Produce documents on the tools, methods, training sessions, processes, and pipeline constraints for later reference
- Establish the nomenclature of all of the files created by the animators so as to structure data location and facilitate retrieval
- Provide constant technical support for the tools and pipeline to all department
- Be the technical point of contact for all technical pipeline issues
- Utilize scripting languages such as Python, MEL, or MAXScript or shell scripting
- Any other ad-hoc duties, if necessary
- At least 5 years of experience in animation field , including at least 2 years as a Technical Director
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in animation, 3D Animation technique or any other equivalent training
- Ability to creatively collaborate with other production managers from various departments to ensure a unified and well-executed goal
- Composure and ability to lead with confidence and calmness when faced with competing high-priority projects and difficult decisions
- Interpersonal skills required when working with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels within the organization
- Experience with the automation of technical processes in relation to stage and production management